- I touched on pagination in that post, but didn't mention sorting! IA's search api won't have predictable response order without specifying some kind of sort.
- I put together a Python script that I think embodies what I wanted to document in that post.
I usually work in Ruby (or, you know - bash) these days, but I'm trying to knock the rust off with Python, for a few reasons:
- It's the preferred language of my code-friendly colleagues, and I prefer to be able to just share an annotated script for tasks of mutual interest.
- I've been playing around a little with rendering 3D models, and my harrowing experience with OpenCV and Ruby motivates me to just use the dang Python bindings for, say, Blender. Could you imagine, writing some FFI rig for Blender? No, let's just get on with it, thanks.
- I got rusty! You can't get rusty. I realize I've just summoned a Java project into my future.